Click here to view Mudcrabs Calendar of Events July-December 2017 MudcrabsCalendar July-Dec 2017
The CRVA is an incorporated association made up of caring local residents who are committed to rehabilitating the Cooks River and fostering community spirit within the Cooks River Valley. We work independently and with like-minded groups to facilitate natural resource management and to improve the quality of life and facilities in the local environment.
Our objectives are:
• To improve the health of the Cooks River, its water quality, the state of the riverbed and its flora and fauna.
• To improve the safety, attractiveness and amenity of open space in the Cooks River Valley.
• To increase the availability of accessible community resources in the Cooks River Valley.
• To increase community activities to connect local residents of all ages and from all social groups.
The CRVA is a registered Landcare group.
This short film will give you some idea of the work of the CRVA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SiIRDOxMoo
The CRVA has been an active community group for many years. Click on the links below to look at CRVA achievements over the past 9 years
Annual Report 2013-14 CRVA annual report 2013.14
Annual Report 2014-15 CRVA+Annual+Report+small.compressed
Annual Report 2015-16
We meet on the 4th Tuesday of February, April, June, August, October, November at Canterbury/Hurlstone Park RSL Club, cnr Canterbury Rd & Crinin St Hurlstone Park at 7.00pm.
Minutes of CRVA meeting 1.7.14
Minutes of AGM 25 August 2015
CRVA AGM 25Aug15 
Minutes of General Meeting August 2016
Minutes of Executive Meeting September 2016
Minutes of General Meeting 25.10.16
Minutes General Meeting 27 June 2017
Minutes CRVA meeting 27.6.17
The CRVA is an incorporated association with an executive comprising a President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, Public Officer, Publicity Officer, Membership Officer and two committee members, elected at the Annual General Meeting in August.
All new members are welcome and can join easily by downloading the Membership Application Form from this website and mailing the completed form to:
PO Box H150 Hurlstone Park NSW 2193.
The membership year commences 1 January.
A $5 annual membership fee applies. Family/group & multiple year memberships are also available. Donations are always welcome. Download Membership form>>
Events and activities
We hold public Cooks River Forums to allow interested residents to discuss their concerns about the River and to learn from key Government and community bodies about strategies for its improvement.
CRVA participates in many local festivals including Marrickville’s Sustainability and Arts Festival and the Cooks River Eco-Fest.
Our Association was represented on the Marrickville Council’s Cooks River Committee and Canterbury City Council’s Environment and Sustainability Committee before both of these Councils were undemocraticly dissolved by the State Govt. Members also participate in a variety of volunteer activities including:
• Mudcrabs – foreshore litter cleanups and bush regeneration and reconstruction
Click here for the calendar of Mudcrabs events for July-December 2017 – MudcrabsCalendar July-Dec 2017
• Friends of Ewen Park – promotion of shared community use of Ewen Park & management of bush regeneration site in conjunction with Mudcrabs
• Streamwatch – regular water quality testing and reporting
- CooksEye – pollution reporting program – click CooksEye Info Sheet V5